Welcome.

These are the thoughts, illustrations, visions, pictures, and images that inspire me, inner dialogues, and conversations, or things that I've heard.

1.11.2011

Art Lesson

Yesterday, I was feeling adventurous in teaching Isaiah his colors. So we raided the studio for supplies and found him a great little 4x4 canvas that I got on clearance from Michael's for probably under a $1. It has a preprinted lion on it, and came with a few little little tubes of paint in the back as well as a little tiny brush. But we used some old paint by number paints we got handed down to us by my late Grandma Hites.

Isaiah loved exploring the colors, and making marks on the canvas. He paid little attention to the manufacture picture, and covered it up almost immediately. The brush he was using had a wonderful long handle on it and he did manage to get the wall 3 or 4 times and did get the floor and the toe of my sock. Thank God for a quick swipe of a wash cloth and no one would know it recently had red, yellow, orange, blue & green on it. All that remains is the beautiful painting that Isaiah created. The painting is the perfect size to keep forever in a momento box!

0 comments: